The CSC is committed to providing professional development in the form of workshops for its members, organizing learning opportunities at various levels from novice to masters. Workshops are open to members only, unless otherwise posted.
In addition to partnering with CSC sponsor companies to present discussion events regarding current technology and applications, the CSC has developed its own highly regarded series of specialist training, including:
- Technology and process modules related to cameras, lenses, lightning
- Core fundamental workshops for entry level cinematographers
- Extensive high-level modules for Camera Assistants
- Imaging and lighting workshops for various people of various skill levels in film/tv production, commercials and documentaries
- Advanced workshops led by full member cinematographers for skill progression
- Introductory workshops for actors and others for understanding on-set interplay with a camera team